09 March 2006

Moving

What a nightmare it is! Moved on Saturday, only just got the phone transfered and still the internet account isn't working. Grrr! So I'm using someone else's computer which just doesn't feel right. Lots of email to catch up on, lots of blogs to read, not much writing happening. Although I'm thinking. At least that's something.

I've read Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking which was moving and sad, J D Robb's Origin in Death which I think is her best so far and am in the middle of Nabokov's Lolita which I can't belief I haven't read before this. I'ts sly and wicked and funny. Also reading Memory in Death which after a hideous day at work I can sink into with relief.

Feel the need for short stories. What are you reading?

4 Comments:

At 11 March 2006 at 12:36 pm , Blogger Silma said...

Moving can be exciting, like a new adventure. But it sure becomes a pain in the butt. *lol* I bought a house 8 months ago, and I've not moved into it yet. 2 months ago I had the phone transfered and cable tv and cable modem installed. But I can't still move in. That sucks!

 
At 12 March 2006 at 11:25 am , Blogger K.A.S. said...

Gratz on getting moved!

I've been glomming the Bad Boys series by Brava. Right now I'm readin 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys, Bad Boys with expensive Toys, and I've got a third one in the car I haven't started yet. They're really great reads - each story is about 30k, so you can get through one in an hour to an hour and a half.

And of course Bad Boys Ahoy - Sylvia Day. That's the first one I read, the one that got me hooked on them. Great book in a very satisfying series!

 
At 13 March 2006 at 10:50 am , Blogger Bebe said...

I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice. Oy, Mr. Darcy... hubba, hubba.

 
At 14 March 2006 at 6:16 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Well you're all a diverse bunch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home