12 February 2006

Currently tagged

I got tagged by Karen so I'll play.

Currently...
current clothing: navy drill trousers, turquoise tee-shirt, bright candy pink cotton sweater (OK it’s 6.30am, I was half asleep)
current hair: used to be red, now faded to brown and grey with blonde streaks (god that sounds terrible! Note to self: make an appointment to get hair done.)
current mood: frustrated
current refreshment: Monk Pear tea (Earl Grey with kick)
current annoyance: Insomnia
current avoidance: writing and housework
current smell: green tea candle
current thing you ought to be doing: writing
current thing or things on your wall: French Impressionist calendar, two notice boards filled with post cards and notes, a little tasteful collection of post cards of naked women, a Matisse print, a botanical drawing of a pumpkin that looks like a vagina (yes, really, and it’s very beautiful)
current IM/person you're talking to: no one
current jewelry: nothing, not up to jewellery yet
current book: See right in the sidebar
current worry: I’m not writing
current favorite celebrity: Don’t have one
current obsession: The Library Thing (this is my catalogue)
current love: The soundtrack from Good Night and Good Luck (I haven’t got it yet but I desperately want it. You can hear a bit of it if you click on the link)
current longing: To get out of this writing stuckness
current disappointment: I’m not writing
current lyric in your head: Don’t wait too long (Madeleine Peyroux)
current music: Madeleine Pyroux; kd lang (Hymns from the 49th Parallel); Ella Fitzgerald; Ellen McIllwaine (god I wish she'd come to Australia again!); Norah Jones; Aretha Franklin, The Waifs, Missy Higgins (The Sound of White), Paul Kelly.
current favorite book: Impossible to say with any certainty, but Michel Faber’s Crimson Petal and the White, Phillip Roth's The Human Stain, Tim Winton's Cloudstreet, Anna Funder's Stasiland. In terms of romance, at the moment anything by Jenny Crusie or Loretta Chase.
current favorite movie: Good Night and Good Luck although Walk the Line was terrific too.
current wish: To write!
current happy thing: I’m about to move house and live with some of my best friends
current undergarments: sensible bra and knickers with rose buds on them.
current desktop picture: A picture of some cinnamon (Keziah is a Hebrew name meaning cassiah (a spice like cinnamon).

So what are you currently doing?

8 Comments:

At 12 February 2006 at 11:00 am , Blogger Pink Pen said...

I'm procrastinating and playing Michele's comment game. I *should* be editing a book that's totally overdue. I *want* to be working on the short story I'm writing that I'm a little stuck on...

*sigh*

 
At 12 February 2006 at 11:18 am , Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm trying to decide what CDs to buy next. I love Madeleine Peyroux too. Both of her CDs are fantastic.

Here via Michele's

 
At 12 February 2006 at 12:52 pm , Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hi, Keziah--Alison K sent me!

 
At 13 February 2006 at 11:39 am , Blogger Stacy~ said...

Visiting blogs, that's what I'm doing, thanx to Alison.

 
At 13 February 2006 at 1:25 pm , Blogger carmilevy said...

I'm doing two things right about now:

1 - enjoying this great entry of yours.
2 - wondering about the Hebrew origins of your name. Mine's Hebrew, too. It means "my vineyard." Odd considering I barely drink :)

 
At 13 February 2006 at 8:24 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

We all sound like we're procrastinating. Carmi, Keziah was the beautiful second daughter of Job from the book of Job.

Pink Pen, stuck, let me tell you about stuck! So much advice around about it and I'm still stuck.

The Music Whore, great title. Doesn't MP sound like Billy Holiday?

Joely, I popped into your blog too.

Stacy, this whole blog visiting thing Michele and Alison started is addictive.

 
At 16 February 2006 at 3:38 pm , Blogger elle said...

can you write out a phonetic pronunciation of your name? it's beautiful-- i remember seeing it in a name book once and seeing that it might be related to my sister's name. as she and her husband are currently pondering pregnancy and hoping for a girl i thought this might be nice. here from bitch, phd. when i saw your name i had to visit.

 
At 16 February 2006 at 9:21 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Hi elle
I'll have a go. It's Kez with the e sounding like the e in egg; i as in I and ah as in the ending of Sarah or Deborah. Keziah was the beautiful second daughter of Job in the Biblical Book of Job. It was also my great, great grandmother's name. It was more common in the nineteenth century. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home