09 February 2006

Books recently read

Writing's going badly so I've been reading a lot. First up was Three by Noelle Mack one of the new Aphrodisia erotic romances from Kensington. I liked it. It's doesn't have much of a plot but it's got a seductive feel to it which was engaging. If an erotic novel doesn't have much of a plot, the writing has to be good. I liked the way she ensnared her lover through erotic tales like Scheredzade.




Another in the Aphrodisia line is Undressing Mercy by Deanna Lee. Good, interesting story line about an ambitious no nonsense gallery manager recovering from sexual assault and investigating sex again. Sounds a bit heavy going for erotic romance but it was well done. I like the covers on these new lines too.





One of my reading groups discussed Sixty Lights by Gail Jones recently. It's a beautifully written piece of Australian literature but suffers from having a twenty-first century protagonist in a nineteenth century setting. Some of her choices seemed unrealistic for the time. But on the whole I'd recommend it. The scenes in India were great. And the imagery of light and photography were nicely done.



Lastly I've just finished The Halo Effect by M J Rose. A good, engaging thriller about a twisted sexual serial killer and the psychiatrist who gets pulled into the investigation. The second in the series is out called The Delilah Complex. These books are marketed as erotic thrillers which is a bit of a stretch. The psychiatrist is a sex therapist so there are sexual themes in the book but no more that a lot of crime and mystery books these days.

Have you read anything good lately? Anything I'd like?

2 Comments:

At 10 February 2006 at 3:53 am , Blogger W. S. Cross said...

I love the cover of "Three." What a beautiful concept. I will have to check it out. I like your blog, too.

 
At 10 February 2006 at 7:24 am , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Thanks WS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home