20 August 2006

Really back this time

Boy oh boy, there's nothing like having a small cold develop into full blown bronchitis. I came home from the US on 7 August, with a tickle in my throat, went up to the Gold Coast for the Romance Writers of Australia annual conference on 10 August and by the time I got home on the 14th I was ready for bed where I stayed for most of the week. The only good think about the whole experience was obsessively reading. The huge pile of books I bought in the US or had given to me at the Atlanta and Gold Coast conferences has reduced somewhat.

What did I read?
Too Little Lies by Liz Carlyle. I love LC. I'm a sucker for sensual historicals and this didn't disappoint.

The Perfect Stranger by our own Aussie Anne Gracie. The third in the Perfect series. Great sick bed reading. Great reading any time actually.

Live Bait and Dead Run by PJ Tracy. A mother daughter team writing crime based in Minnesota. Quirky and fun.

Montana Sky by Nora Roberts. I like Nora, she rarely disappoints.

Private Demon by Lynn Viehl aka Paperback Writer. I started reading her Darkyn series in the US and am hooked.

Shadow Touch by Marjorie M Lui. Another series I started in the US. I find her writing very unusual with settings outside the US. This one was set mainly in Russia.

Below is a pic of soon-to-be-published-by-Avon Aussie author Anna Campbell accepting the Golden Heart for soon-to-be-published-by-Berkely Aussie author Christine Diehm writing as Christine Wells. The Golden Heart is an award for the best unpublished manuscript given out by the Romance Writers of America. Christine won it for the Best Short Historical. It was a great night.

1 Comments:

At 22 August 2006 at 9:17 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you Keziah. I always cop it too. But at least you did all that reading. Now that's a good use of your time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home