04 July 2006

News and music

I have a story called Gardening with Grace up at the erotic ezine Oysters and Chocolate. It'll be there for a month. Another story Angel has been added to the Treasure Chest at ERWA. So I'm happy.

I was thinking the other day that I hardly listen to music anymore. I'm one of those people who can't have music on when I'm reading or writing. I have to really listen to it, so I find it completely distracting. But someone had some Mozart on a few days ago and I realised how much I missed it.

I've cut out quite a few thing from my life since I've been writing seriously and I'm not sure I need to. I don't miss television at all, but I do miss music and other visual experiences like film or galleries. And I've become shockingly sedentary.

So I need to change this. It makes for a limited life experience which is not good for a writer anyway. Although I'm wary of goals, I'm going to try to do two things, listen to music when I come home from work and work on building my abdominal muscles so my back doesn't hurt so much. Both good non writing goals.

I have the day off today and it's cold, wet and misty outside. So a good day for pottering around the house and doing some exercise with Mozart on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home