02 June 2006

It's not summer here

I keep reading all these posts about summer in the Northern Hemisphere and what people are going to read while they're on vacation. I have to tell you folks, it's bloody freezing where I am. There's sleet in the air and it's dark and miserable. All the more reason to read and write I guess.

My story is still going slowly but surely. I'm reading Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters and finishing off Best New Erotica 2004.

I'm also checking out the blog of Jacqui Lofthouse, and English writer who's running a writing coaching service through her blog. She has an approach I like. I need constant reminders to sink into the pleasure of writing and not make it a rod for my back. She seems to think that's a good idea too.

1 Comments:

At 4 June 2006 at 12:16 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Yes tribe - I'm relaxing into writing more, getting back to the reason I want to write in the first place. For pleasure and to know I could create something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home