18 May 2006

Fingers crossed

I'm going to the Romance Writers of America conference in Atlanta in July this year. I'm not sure I'm a romance writer at the moment, but I've booked my ticket and paid for the conference, so off I go. I'll be part of an Aussie contingent cheering on several local lassies both in the RITA (an award for published authors) and the Golden Heart (an award for unpublished authors).

Anne Gracie, Bronwyn Jameson, Liz Fielding, Marion Lennox and Lillian Darcy are in the RITAs and Christine Diehm and Karen Schwartz are in the Golden Heart.

We'll scream like mad if they win, particularly if Christine and Karen win. I've read some of Karen's work, although not the couple she's in the Golden Heart with (yes Karen I was one of your judges in the First Kiss) and she's a terrific writer. Very funny. She's just got a contract with Avon, so luckily we'll all get to read some more of her work.

Good luck to you all!

2 Comments:

At 1 June 2006 at 1:55 pm , Blogger Bebe said...

Can't wait to finally meet one of the Aussie Divas in person at RWA!

 
At 1 June 2006 at 9:53 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

I can't wait to get to the US! Holidays and catch up with people I've been cyber chatting to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home