27 May 2006

Slow but sure

Doing a consistent amount of writing so I haven’t been here much. And I’m also trying to cut down my time browsing the internet. There are, however, a lot of interesting blogs to read including Smart Bitches who’ve had a great series of posts and debates about what’s in the head of writers when they write.

I completely identified with what Laura Kinsale posted, experiencing the effect of the internet as often killing my writing. There is so much out there, so many opinions, beliefs, fallacies as well as useful, wise words. But all of those voices clamour in my head and sometimes paralyse me. I’ve vowed to control the amount of time I browse and have managed to cut it down, but not to a level I’m comfortable with.

My good news is that a short story of mine, “Gardening with Grace” will be appearing in the erotic ezine Oysters and Chocolate in July. I send it off months ago and didn’t hear anything so was thinking of sending somewhere else when they contacted me. I’m thrilled. I’ll have a story coming out in August in Cream: The Best of the Erotica Readers and Writers Association (here's the cover below- isn't it great?)and my story "Angel" will go into the Treasure Chest at ERWA in July which means it will be there permanently. So writing is ticking along.

2 Comments:

At 30 May 2006 at 5:10 am , Blogger Zinnia said...

Big congrats!!! May you have more!

 
At 31 May 2006 at 7:16 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Thanks Zinnia.

I'm glad I've given you some ideas Amra. I'd love to have something like that in my house too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home