04 December 2006

Meandering around writing

It's been a while but I've had a break from keeping this blog and a rethink about what I'm writing. But now I'm getting refocused. Having dipped my toes in the world of being published, I've retreated so I can get some perspective.

I write first and foremost for myself. That has to come first or else I become unhappy. Basically, I've spent the last year, writing wise, being unhappy because I haven't been writing for myself. That might be a luxury and it might mean I may never be published again, but the pain of writing flat, soulless nonsense can't go on.

So it's back to filling the well with things other than writing. Or in my case not writing but agonizing about writing. Life's short, you either do it or you don't.

Cream: The Best of the Erotica Readers and Writers Association is available now from Amazon and my story is the first cab off the rank. It's a considerable thrill and will be even more so when my copy arrives in my post box.

This December/January I also have a story Strawberry Flavoured Joy, up at the ERWA site, which is the first story I've written in ages.

So those writing muscles are flexing again.

3 Comments:

At 5 December 2006 at 8:03 am , Blogger Angela's Designs said...

"Life's short, you either do it or you don't."

I know how this goes. I worry I don't write enough, but I can only do what I have time for. I struggle with comparing myself to people that are more prolific, that is the problem! LOL.

 
At 5 December 2006 at 5:19 pm , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

I know exactly how you feel annlee. It's a trap we can't afford.

 
At 10 December 2006 at 12:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing Keziah.

May I speak from my heart?
I generally have to avoid the company of other writers and that whole world, I find it toxic. I wish it were otherwise but my expression suffers and as you say, life is short.

Please, promise me you will continue writing. You have that rare beauty and I would love to see your words flushed with your happiness.

Oh forgive me, I hope I'm not rambling for it is late here but I worry a little about sweet souls like you.

Take heart my darling, you reach me and many others.

Blessings,

Lena

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home