16 March 2007

Nautilus

Barbara Samuel has written a post about feathers and why they are important in her life. He blog is one of my favourites and I thank Mel for guiding me to it. I loved Barbara's column in Romance Writer's Review, the monthly magazine from Romance Writers of America so I was happy I could continue reading her wonderfully spiritual words of wisdom about writing, cooking and the other important events of life.

Her post made me think about my own talisman, the nautilus. If you look up Wiki, you'll find a post on the marine creature which is interesting, but I love the image of the nautilus as an empty shell. It's perfect, but it also looks like a puzzle or a refuge. It symbolises a traveling out and a burrowing in which I find comforting and full of possibilities.

I suppose it's a bit like me. I like to engage with the world with passion and excitement but then I have to retreat to recoup. Mars in Cancer. I'm very watery. When I'm not being a stolid, earthy Taurus.

I wrote 252 words yesterday. Better than nothing which is what I've written today. I feel a burrowing nautilus moment descending.

3 Comments:

At 16 March 2007 at 8:39 pm , Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Hi Keziah,

Barbara Samuels spoke at the RWNZ conference a couple of years ago. She's an awesome speaker and full of words of wisdom. Very inspiring!

 
At 17 March 2007 at 4:40 am , Blogger Unknown said...

250 words is great, Keziah! Definitely better than nothing, which is what I wrote yesterday!

 
At 17 March 2007 at 8:16 am , Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Shelley, I'd love it if she came to a future RWAust conference.

Lil, you know I went to bed and wrote two pages by hand before I went to sleep. Not good quality but better than nothing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home